Mrs. Iced Tea Forever

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Gardening

Has it ever happened when the beans need to be picked in the garden, the rain comes? This morning I had to go to the hospital for one of those great "meetings" that we as employees are entitled to be honored to attend! When I walked out at 8:15 there was already sprinkles falling from the sky. I thought well if I hurry over to Mom and Dad's then maybe I can get the beans in before the rain really hits, or maybe my Mom has already picked them. No such luck. She was still sleeping. Sigh!! So out into the rain my bucket and I went. I only got about 1 gallon of beans. Just enough for fresh eatin'. Oh well, guess we'll eat them tomorrow. Guess that I should not complain though, cause we really did need the rain. Here in Hoosierville when it doesn't rain for a week, then the humidy goes sky high and the heat increases. I can't say that I'm ready for the cold weather though.

Tom made supper again tonight. To tell the truth, he cooks better than I could ever dream of cooking. So to keep both of us happy, he cooks, while I'm just content to sit back and observe him being the man in the kitchen.

Tonight we decided to be wild and go out on the town at 10pm for DQ shakes. I guess that you could call it a mini date that only took 10 minutes. It really was tons of fun though. Well tomorrow is another big day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home