Mrs. Iced Tea Forever

Friday, August 05, 2005

Vacuums and Moonlight talks

Tom and I finally got a vacuum (as Tom calls them things). Individuals in Hoosierville would rather call them sweepers. It is a Simplicity. Yes, the same company that makes sewing machines and patterns. It works great. I've already swept up all the spiders and ants that I could find in this house. But I'm sure there will be more to come. Aggggghhhhhhh!

Tom and I came home late. Who knows where we were any more or what we were shopping for (cause that is what we do most of the time when we aren't at home)! JK. Tom in one of his rare moods actually consented to sitting out on our little slab of cement that we call a porch, while I laid in the hammock that we got as a wedding gift. There we drank our club soda drinks with syrup flavoring and whipped topping and talked about the things we held dear to our hearts. It really was a great time. Guys out there that have wives (and even those that don't) lend me your ears (or rather your eyes) for just a moment and let me tell you a thing that women love. We love a guy that can give undivided attention for a few moments and really listen to what we have to say. Yes, even in those times when we don't make that much sense! (That's when we have the excuse that we're just bein' a woman!)

It really was neat. The crickets or frogs were out that night as well as the mosquitoes. Man, they must have thought that I was made of somethin' sweet cause they sure took big bites outta me. I was not too impressed. So yes, I was the party pooper and told Tom that I had to go inside before he saw me eaten up right before my eyes. Oh well, guess that all romantic moments have to end sometime!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, you are pretty sweet, after all... (grin)

    The Baritone

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey!! this is pretty cool to be able to read about your side of things too. i have really enjoyed reading the different times i have been able to get on here. keep it up also the advice for the guys. that was great. hope you have a good one.

    Tammy Hershberger

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, cuz! glad to see you've joined the world of blogging and love your posts... also glad to see you enjoying marriage! those wonderful warm moments just make it all worth it! April

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh sniff! That is so precious!

    Ag

     

Post a Comment

<< Home