Mrs. Iced Tea Forever

Friday, August 19, 2005

Tom and Food

Yesterday my sister left after being around for 1 week. I always hate saying good-bye. Our family always stands outside and waves untill the person leaving can't be seen any longer. I think that it's a neat tradition, but it always makes me cry.

Tom just left for work. Usually he doesn't eat any breakfast, but this morning he shocked me to silence when he accepted my offer for two eggs, OJ, and toast. He told me that he won't be hungry when he gets home, but I'll bet old habits die hard!

Last night after Tom had been sleeping for a while, he leaned right up to my face (like he was seeing if my eyes were open) and begin to talk unintelligibly. When I asked him to sit up he began talking, with as much emotion as he could while still being asleep, about the j-box and the wires. I asked him what about the j-box and he answered he just wanted to make sure they were wired right. LOL!

Last night Tom made dinner for us once again. (I think that I've only cooked once since we got married! I can't complain!) When he was dishing out the stuffing, I don't know what happened, but the pan and stuffing went flying off the stove and needless to say we had stuffing everywhere. Tom of course was frazzled, but I just stood there and laughed. The more I laughed, the more frazzled Tom got. He just kept asking how to clean it up. The more he asked, the more I laughed. The circle just went round and round, till I could quit laughing.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jewel, can't wait till I get to know you better! OH what a delightful, and utterly refreshing change you are! You do not have a pious bone in your body (and that is one of the biggest compliments you could wish to get from me......)

    Tom, I believe you married a wild woman! HA! I think she's the greatest thing!

    Ag

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Dorcas said…

    When I think of "Tom and Food" I think of the time Tom heard that bananas were good for losing weight so he ate a dozen a day. Not sure for how long--I think a few weeks.

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jewel, sounds to me like you need to step in and inform Tom that, even though you appreciate his desire to cook for you, you care so much for him, and his health (weight) that you will start cooking for him so that he can put his feet up after a hard day at work. Just a thought! another bro-in-law...dt

     

Post a Comment

<< Home