Mrs. Iced Tea Forever

Monday, August 22, 2005

Tom and the dentist

Tom went to the dentist today! That in and of itself is quite an accomplishment!! He just wants to be put under for all the dental work that he needs to have done. I guess just as long as he goes to the dentist then that is fine.

It was really funny when I made the first appointment with my dentist. We were not married yet, but I decided that I would make an appointment for him and just tell him later.
The lady behind the desk asked me if Tom knew that I was making the appointment.
I said "No".
She asked me if he would come.
I said "Yes".
She asked me if I was confident that he would come.
I said "Yes".
Then she told me that there have been many times that people make appointments for other people and they never show. I quickly informed her that if Tom did not show I would give her enough notice! She just laughed.

My dentist does not do conscious sedation, so off Tom went in search of other dentists that my dentist recommended. That is how we got to today!

Tom took one valium last night, then sat up at the computer waiting for the "pill" to take affect. I finally had to go to bed. I think that the "pill" had more affect on Tom than he realized, because this morning when the alarm went off and I tried to wake him, he could only comment, "I never knew that you had so many camels"! Where that came from, I can only assume, the "pill".

Then before we left for the dentist this afternoon, Tom took it upon himself to take not one "pill" like the dentist perscribed, but to take TWO. I never knew that Tom could get giddy and irritable at the same time. I just laughed at him. Walking out to the car, he looked at me and very confidently stated "My step is sure and my gaze steady". I just laughed.

When we got back home, Tom quickly went to the computer and I to the kitchen. (Yes, I made my second meal since I got married!) And it was very good!! But before I could pull the chicken from the oven, Tom had already gone and laid down. His sheepish comment to me before he went was "I'm just so tired and I don't know why". I just laughed at him.

I hope that the stronger medication that the dentist gave him for future use doesn't make him more tired or more giddy! I guess that only time will tell.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's always good to have an alternate perspective on the Troyer household!

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mrs. ITF, what on EARTH does your husband do in dreamland? Strange, strange, strange!

    Ag

     

Post a Comment

<< Home