Mrs. Iced Tea Forever

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Trouble at school ALREADY!

Today was my first day of class. It started at 8 and does not end until 9:40pm. Sigh! Oh well, I guess that is just the way bein a senior in college is. No more fun and games for me.

Although today I kept getting into trouble. Don't know what in the world got into me. All I can think of is that right before I started getting into trouble, I had a cup of DECAFFINATED chai tea. That sugar will do it every time.

Nursing is just a bit scarey to me. I don't mind the book work so much, but it is getting out in the real world where it is just you and the patient. If you make a mistake, then it's your license. I just hope and pray that I'll be a safe, good, and effective nurse.

Tom, you'll have to help me the next few months you know! Hope that you're holdin down the fort while I'm at school! Remember, don't take any more of that crazy medication!

I'm runnin out of thing to write about, so I'll talk later.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've heard rave reviews about Chai, but I've never had it. Is it good? What does it taste like?

     
  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger Mrs. Iced Tea Forever said…

    Hans, don't listen to ITF. Chai is fabulous and the rave. Shame on you that you've never even tasted it. Once you have the first sip, you'll not want to put it down.

    The taste depends on the kind of chia that you get. I usually get the vanilla spice chai. This drink tastes like vanilla with a bit of spice. How's that for a description?

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lor. Spam on comments?! Poor Jewel. Can't get text messages, can't get blog comments, can't get email without being bothered. She doesn't even get any peace from her classmates! ;-)

    K.

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You'd be a dangerous nurse. You'll probably carry around a tool belt of sharp objects like scalpels and...other creepy weapons to scare your patients into submission. Just kidding. Have fun in school sucker!
    -Kaitlyn

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey cuz....besta luck in your studies. Congrats on getting to the senior level!! And when it's just you and the patient, think of the patient as your greatest source of info - ALWAYS listen to what the patient has to say. You'll never regret it. Don't take for granted that just because the patient has gone through an encounter with an ER doc, ER nurses, multiple admission personnel, and other floor nurses (whew!) before you get them, that all is known about that person. There is always more to learn on assessment that could change an outcome for that patient. And when you're working, keep up on that concept of teamwork - do all you can to maintain the concept of team. When you get into a difficult situation, it's always nice to have other nurses to turn to for help/advice. Those are the pointers I think most about, being a new nurse.

    Good luck,
    ~ED~

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jewel, Wishing you good luck at school! I'm starting 3rd grade in a couple weeks, I'm a little nervous too, but, I am also excited! Can't wait to get to know you better as my Auntie Jewel!!!! Your niece, McKenna Troyer

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Humph, Tom. I love my grande white chocolate mocha!

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Mrs. Iced Tea Forever said…

    McKenna, I hope that you have a great time in 3rd grade. I remember all the fun times that I had that year in school. And do you know that every year, even though I'm in college, I still get nervous on the first day of class. So it's ok. Have fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home