Mrs. Iced Tea Forever

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Quietness

The house is now quiet from the weekend activities, but Mr. and Mrs. ITF are still trying to adapt to the quiet as well as catch up on some much needed sleep! Heartbeat, we miss you! I think I missed you the moment you were gone. Sniff, sniff.

The house was especially quiet tonight due to the fact that I knew Mr. ITF was not coming home from the den of iniquity until late. So I ate supper at Mom and Dad's, just like old times. It was actually fun! I arrived home at an hour in early evening, but there was no red "race" car in the driveway. I begin to work on homework just to get my mind off the fact that Mr. ITF was not yet home even though the hour was getting late. Finally about 8pm, the motion light went off outside the door. There stood Mr. ITF. I was so excited.

So now supper is over and Mr. ITF is relaxin' on the couch with a Mark Lowry DVD. I love it. Gotta run. Jewel

4 Comments:

  • At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh sniff. We talk about you guys (and then we usually laugh). Never fear, we shall soon return.

    Oh MAN! I hyperventilated in church tonight for NO reason. The M.A.'s were singing and it kept getting worse. Finally when my mouth could no longer move due to numbness and my arms were beginning to join the world of tingling, I walked out and tore for the kitchen where I sat for the next half hour breathing in my dear little brown baggy friend.

    Huff. There is no way to make a graceful exit.......well, I guess walking out is better than falling on the floor twitching in front of the whole church.....

    Yeah, so exciting things are happening here as well...

    Enjoy the serenity, we shall return!

    Ag

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How can a room be quiet with Mark Lowry on? Doesn't seem possible. Sorry I didn't come on Sunday but you'll know why if you check out Mr. ITF's blog...not to huge of a reason but sleep sounded so much better then SWAT.

    -Kaitlyn

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Truthseeker said…

    Ag, once again I learn to know you better, some how I cannot grasp the idea that you have such attacks, I have always envisioned you as a pillar of strength and compassion. This confession on your part gives me hope that I may yet achieve some useful purpose in God's service despite my weaknesses due to fears that come from the flesh, and this also allows me to see better why you have that compassion for others because you acknowledge and confess the weakness in your own life.

    Thank you for this honest glimpse into your life.

    Mrs. ITF, hope Tom's hours soon resolve back into normalcy. My newly wed daughter is coping with a husband in med school and working in the hospital. She relishes and guards their time together with utmost care.

    Oh, I also appreciate your bringing more structure into Tom's life. I look forward to eventually meeting you both, as the Lord wills.

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    TS, I smiled heartily. A "pillar of strength and compassion" I am not! I must seek to give you a more accurate view into my life. I am rather weak, flailing helplessly about more often than not, and I fear, of late, I have reacted to those who abuse compassion, and have become a bit harsh rather than compassionate.

    Ag

     

Post a Comment

<< Home